This post contains affiliate links. If you'd like to purchase a recommended product, please use the links to support this blog. It doesn't cost you anything extra, it simply allows me to continue posting. Thank you for your support!
This might sound a little woo woo, but I felt compelled to get some pumpkin seed oil, so I ordered it just obeying what I heard. I did my research after the fact and wow, was that ever appropriate for me!
Here’s what i found from verywellhealth. Pumpkin seed oil is good for you because:
- Lowers Cholestorol – Phytosterols, which are structurally similar to the body’s cholesterol compete with cholesterol for absorption in the digestive system, which can block cholesterol absorption and lower cholesterol levels.
- Menopausal Symptoms – A study found that those who took pumpkin seed oil, experienced increases in HDL cholesterol, a decrease in diastolic blood pressure, and fewer menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, headaches and joint pain.
- Possible Treatment for Metabolic Disease – Scientists found that pumpkin seed oil may be helpful in the prevention or treatment of metabolic disorder in rats who were fed a high fat diet.
- Hair Loss – Those who took pumpkin seed oil saw a 40% increase in hair count whereas men who took a placedbo saw a 10%3 increase in hair count.
- Urinary Tract Health – In the treatment of benign prostatic hyperlasia (BPH) showed pumpkin oil is effective individually for improving maximal urinary flow rate.
- Possible Treatment for Blood Pressure Prevention of Heart Disease – Pumpkin seed oil may have the potential to lower blood pressure and provide other benefits to prevent heart disease.
Further, an article on stylesatlife indications that pumpkin seed oil nourishes the skin and has anti-aging properies and can help with acne.
I can see adding pumpkin seed oil in my glow serum!
How do you use pumpkin seed oil?
Don't have herbs? Shop from Starwest Botanicals or Mountain Rose Herbs.
If you tried anything on the blog I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review and comment! Also be sure to snap a picture of your creation and share it with me on Instagram and tagging me @elisaingram.
Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more recipes and wellness tips!
Love & Wellness,